Friday, November 23, 2007

I Want an Okada

No, I haven’t gone mad. But am entertaining the thought. Well not a “cheng – cheng” okada and not one of those speed bikes but a moped. Why? Because they are convenient. Today after my car decided to overheat for like the 10th time this month, I had to park it on the way to work, and hitch an okada to VI from Lekki. Why? Well I was late for work. I was not going to get a cab in the traffic. And if I entered the traffic it would take me another hour to get to work. So I thought sod it, I will get on an okada Now this is not the first time I used an Okada. But I’ve always restricted our previous dalliances to residential areas where the chances of being mauled down by a psychotic driver are as slim as they can get in Lagos. Anyway, so up I jumped on the okada and off to VI I went. And you know what, the journey just flew by. It didn’t even take up to 10 mins and that got me thinking, maybe this motorcycle thing ain’t such a bad idea.

Ok. Yes I know the dangers. Its fine (well as good as it can get) driving a motor cycle in Lagos when there is traffic and people aren’t speeding as if their lives depended on it. But what happens when the roads are free, at night when the street lights are not working and its pouring with rain. Hmmmmmm!!!!!!! The voice of reason. But I do like the idea of be on a moped waving at people as I breeze past the traffic.

You know what maybe I want the wrong thing. Maybe I should work towards getting a helicopter instead 

Happy Friday people.

2 comments:

aloted said...

lol..ehehehe..very funny...dont even know wat to say.

Yah i think an helicopter sounds better ;)

Anonymous said...

I definitely like the humor at the last past of this write up. Actually I don't think having a Moped is a bad idea if only we can get to a stage where people obey traffic regulations and drive with caution and consideration for other road users.