Thursday, November 15, 2007

You Rang My Lord

Am thinking of becoming a butler. Well, not in the conventional sense. I stumbled on this verse which hopefully will explain things better:

LUKE 9:24
24 For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake, he will save it.

I said I wanted “God control” in my last post. But what does that entail? How can I make myself subservient? How can I lose my life for His sake? I suppose it’s about being willing to sacrifice my personal comfort for Him. Spend time with Him even though am tired or busy. Read my bible with a torch even when NEPA strikes yet again. Figure out ways of helping His ministry on earth even though it would significantly affect my free time and finances.

I also need to ask for his guidance in everything I do. When am confronted with choices, requests and decisions I should ask “God, what do you want me to do?”

It also seems like for me to lose myself to God; I will have to lose myself to people. God is love and I need to radiate that love. The love which he has showered on me needs to also flow out through me. I need to create that mentality of living for God. Letting him lead during the day in my dealings with people and situations I face.

The only issue I struggle with about being a servant is the scope for being treated, well like a servant. If you always turn the other cheek for people, how do you stop them from taking advantage of you? Of taking you for granted. Is it a pride thing, is it a fear of being hurt or is it running away from an area of vulnerability? Well maybe a bit of everything.

Is it an area I will have to work on? Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just another journey I need to take in my quest to become the person God wants me to be.

Anyhow folks easy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes this is a tough one. Had this discussion recently in a bible study I was in with a group of friends. How does one become a servant and turn the other cheek and not have people taking advantage of you. There did not seem to be an answer but I guess God calls us to sacrifice and though we don't want to be taken advantage of sometimes it will happen.Guess we have to trust God to protect our interest