Monday, August 06, 2007

Wise Words from Hoobastank

“Am not a perfect person, there many things I wish I didn’t do
But I continue learning, I never meant to do those things to you
and so i have to say before i go, that i just want you to know
i've found a reason for me, to change who i used to be
a reason to start over new, and the reason is you”


This is the first stanza from the Hoobastank song “The Reason”. I heard this song on Rick Dees a few weeks back. It had been ages since the last time I heard it and this time I interpreted the lyrics in a completely different way.

Am working on my relationship with God again and apart from a few blips here and there, it is slowly getting back on track. The solution was simple. Just spend more time with Him. The more time you spend with Him, the closer you feel to him. Sounds funny cos that is kinda obvious. The answer kept on staring me in the face and I just refused to see it. Yeah and whenever you are going through a spiritual low, whatever you do make sure you go to church. Neva mess with that one. If you aint gonna spend time with God in private, that’s one of the last ways He can reach you. Through his word booming from the pulpit.

“Am not a perfect person, there many things I wish I didn’t do”
We should never let the devil use guilt to make us feel too filthy to approach God’s presence with boldness. Yes am not perfect. Yes I do things I shouldn’t do. But Yes God loves me all the same and wants to make me the person he desires me to become.

“But I continue learning, I never meant to do those things to you”

After every fall, failure or defeat, ask for forgiveness and move on. I need to stop dwelling on my failings. It’s just a waste of time. I should just get up, dust myself up, ask for forgiveness and move on.

“I've found a reason for me, to change who i used to be a reason to start over new, and the reason is you”

Am happy I found you Heavenly Father. Am happy you picked me up from my decay and are moulding me into the person you want me to be. Continue to protect me from the wiles of the enemy. Guide me to the promise land which you have set for me.


So what is the reason? The reason is God is love. I can be secure in my relationship with Him because unlike human love it is unconditional. Father let me appreciate You for who You are. And anytime I start playing up, please yank me back to you.

Happy Monday peeps.

No comments: