Friday, August 10, 2007

He Knows Your Number

NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE DEVIL. He is a powerful adversary. He knows your number. He knows your weakness. He knows what makes you tick and he will willingly exploit it for his own ends. To be honest am amazed at his ability to enter my head and pollute my thoughts. Play to my weaknesses and challenges i face. Forcing me to believe the lies he is telling me. Damn his good. He is so sly. And you know what, if you don’t snap out of it quickly you fall for this cheap trick.

There was a time when I didn’t really believe the devil existed. That it was a whole lot of hogwash. But men. I believe it big time. Anytime I start making progress in my spiritual life, the guy comes back again. Telling me the same lies he always has. Trying to get me to belittle or doubt my relationship with God. Trying to make me yield to the desires of my flesh. But the devil is a liar. You might be powerful. More powerful than me. But less powerful than the God that loves me and protects me.

I need to understand the devil is never going to be happy with me making progress in my spiritual life and it is guaranteed that he will try and frustrate it. But i have a supreme weapon in my arsenal to defeat all his wiles. It is the grace and mercy of God. It must hurt the devil to know that i have someone who loves me, ready to pick me up when i fall. That will never lose faith in me. Thats willing me on to victory. My greatest weapon is God's love for me. It truly is great. After i dust myself up, and go to Him to wash myself clean, i feel cleansed. Ready to go to battle again.

Father i know you love me and mercy and grace abounds. But father i need to keep it in balance. Dont let me take your love for me for granted. Keep me close to you in Jesus name.

1 comment:

aloted said...

Yes o- Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world!!!