Thursday, May 10, 2007

Lessons Learnt

I read in a devotion today the link between the trials we face and the lesson God is trying to teach us. Basically trials happen for a reason. We overcome trials when we identify what lesson God is trying to teach us. That's fascinating!!! The long running theme in all trials that we face is that God will see us through them. So i suppose FAITH and DEPENDENCE on God is the most useful lesson that is critical to this Xtian walk.

So where does obedience to his WORD come in? How do we know when God is trying to us stop doing certain things in our lives? To forgive someone that's wronged us? etc. To be honest, all the questions seem to stem from the most important one. FAITH AND DEPENDENCE!!!!!!!!!!. Once you got that sorted. Youve got it made.

Like all human beings i acknowledge i have faults. Sometimes it seems i can never change them. But i know thats not the way God wants me to be no matter how hard it seems to change. I must persevere depsite all thats around me, my faults and mistakes and be bold to say:

FATHER, despite my faults and weaknesses, i am still not afraid or guilty or ashamed to come into your presence and ask You to make me what You want me to be. To continually cleanse me of my unrighteousness and unbelief. I do not excuse my actions but i know its only you that can make me the person you want me to be. Help me not to treat this as some project i need to accomplish. Or some time based objective i need to achieve. Just grow on me and make me whole.

Thank you for your favour. Thank you for your grace. Thank you for your mercy.

AMEN

No comments: