Wednesday, February 28, 2007

How to Pray

I always had issues with formalised structured prayers. I can do grandiose ones when called upon but i cant talk to God that way in private. Cos thats what prayer means right. Talking to God. It just doesnt flow naturally. I never ever think "Okay God. I wanna talk to you now. So here's my speech" . It just kinda happens. I just communicate with him randomly during the day.

But like most things in life you need structure. The problem with just communicating with him randomly is that you only focus on what you feel like at the moment. You lose sight of the big picture. Like praying for the nation, the world, your church, your place of work. This issue has become more prominent during this fasting period. In trying to step up a gear, am trying to be more structured in my prayer routine. Taking a more holistic (pardon the pun) view is instrumental because it puts your own issues in perspective and stops one being self-centered. I reckon i will have to draft my prayer points and got through them one by one to force myself to be more disciplined in prayer.

One recurring thing am learning from this xtain life is the importance of discipline. Theres no other way round it. You have to be discplined in all aspects of life. Its a lesson am learning and hopefully improving upon.

Anyhow. Enough randomness for today..

That all Folks.

1 comment:

Mr Waxy said...

Now that is what i call deep...The message this posting carries provides a lot of insight and revelation into the things that are holds true and important. There so much subtance to been blessed and being a blessing. The two of them are related and dependent on each other to function in their fullest capacity. To walk in the blessing is to walk in the miraculous i.e. pertually living in a state of posibilities and thier manifestation. I choose the blessing!


Peace...Mr Waxy