Monday, January 08, 2007

History of Garageboy

Some one asked me recently where the name "Garageboy" came from. Well it goes back to my university days which were one of the happiest times of my life. There was a genre of music called "garage" which was a mix of rap, RnB, hip-hop, dance etc.. It was a fusion of everything and i just connected with it. Whenever i went to a garage club and there was a good dj, I just felt alive. I didnt have to dance or drink or anything. Just chill in a corner and appreciate the music. It just clicked with me. It hit all the right notes. I truly was a garage-boy and looked the part with denim jackets, white trainers etc. Should i change the name now? Simple answer no.. That would not make any sense. Garageboy was my past. I come a long way since then but that phase was an important part of my makeup of who i am today.

Its funny i never intended for this blog to be religious. (You can check my 1st few posts) It just happened that way. I spose it was a gradual process as i wanted to get my act right with God that my tots started to change. Ive only begun this journey and while am not garageboy anymore at least it still gets a funny reation when people hear it.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: