Monday, March 26, 2007

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

One of the major themes through a lot of my posts has been the fight between our human/carnal nature and our spiritual side. Like Pastor Paul said during his sermon yesterday, Xtains in particular, suffer from a split personality. I suppose this is further evident in many of the great men of God who fell. This internal war raging for control of our minds and soul is one i can identify with. Its a battle that i can say ive been fighting all my life. But prob for the better part of the last 10 years Mr. Hyde has been running things. Since i decided to take my xtain life more seriously ive found out that though the power of sin in my life is broken, the presence of sin remains.

Like Paul, i still do the things i dont want to do and dont do the things i should do. But it seems certain situations result in who turns up i.e. Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde. Ive come to the realisation that i cannot kill off Mr. Hyde for good, but i need to starve him of oxygen so he does not breathe and keep reappearing. I should never get complacent when fighting against him. I need to fill my mind with Godly thoughts and not give him room to manoeuvre. My mind should not be fertile ground for negative thoughts which it feeds on. My reaction to whatever challenges and difficulties i face in life should be centered on God and not on my "natural" human reaction.

I will like to see more of Dr. Jekyll in my life. And hopefully through God's help, this my dream will come to pass.

Easy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

hi people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for that exact brand. The prices seeking the shoes are all over 330 pounds on every site. But for all I bring about this location selling them for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hi there everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the boots were all over 320 dollars on every site. But for all I found this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon dudes. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that particular make. The prices seeking the velcros were around 200 dollars on every page. But completely I bring about this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that exact model. The prices for the shoes were about 200 bucks everwhere. But for all I base this site selling them for half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what is your opinion?