Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Say No to Drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now before anyone starts getting worried am not on any drugs. But thats the problem. Confused. Calm down. I dont mean illicit drugs like coke, heroin etc. By the way if you are reading this blog and you do use illicit drugs, please let me know who you are so i can update my block list on my messenger. :) . Am talking about prescribed drugs apparently meant to make you feel better.

Now am no pharmacist but i dont believe in taking drugs. A part of me honestly believes they dont work. Am one of those people who only use medicine or see the doctor as a last resort. I dont know why. Maybe its a macho thing and i dont want to accept that i might be weak/infallible and need help. That might be part of it but thats not the whole issue. I think drugs are abused in Naija. Every Nigerian is a pharmacist and know of all least 10 different types of Mydryclinin or mtrcyklin to fix any headache. But you know what the pain always goes away eventually without having to pump your body with funky chemicals.

I believe in the development of a body's natural defences. If you always give it a hand at every chance it gets to stregthen how is it supposed to develop. You just have to chest it.

Well but i do suffer for this belief. Had a bad cold yesterday. Ive always get bad colds from time to time. Everyone tells me its allegeries and recommended some funky medicines called antihistimies or amphetamines or whatever. Now i should just go to a doctor get it checked out and sorted right. But i cant bring myself to do it. Thankfully this attacks only last a day. So i sneeeze like hell for one day and am fine. I suppose thats why i decide to chest it. If it was longer than one day i think my resistance will definitely weaken.


However before i end this post; a quick disclaimer. ABEG!!! IF YOU ARE FEELING ILL NO FOLLOW ME O!!!!!!!! GO TO A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!! I AM OF LIMITED MEANS AND WILL BE A MAJOR DISSAPPOINTMENT TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF SUCCESSFUL LITIGATION.

Easy

No comments: