Thursday, May 25, 2006

When Things Fall Apart

A few weeks ago i had a car accident on the Island, or rather some lady reversed into me without looking back. Women Drivers!!!!!!! :). After going mad, swearing at her and taking her cheque (yes i took a cheque in Lagos), i found out a lot about myself.

1st i still have to work on my temper which i kinda knew already. If any1 had said half the things i said to that lady i would prob have smacked them. Well at least tried to :)

2ndly, after the whole affair, I needed to go somewhere i could clear my head and gather my thoughts and get my act together. Did i go to a friend's house? No. A church? No. I went to my office and to be honest thinking about it now, that is very scary.......... I found solace in my place of work. Talk about a work life balance. Ive now made a conscious decision only to go to work after hours when it is absolutely necessary....

I also learnt some other things about myself which am not going to get into on this blog maybe some other time. But i spose u get to know your real self when "Things fall apart" as opposed to when its all honkey dory........

Anyway thats enough for 2day....

Ps: The cheque cleared by the way. Maybe she wasnt so bad after all and there are still decent people left in Lagos

No comments: