Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Thou Shalt Not Drink Part II

Now i know sequels are in fashion and i dont mean those crappy Nollywood sequels which have been in season before the beginning of time. I mean the other equally crappy sequels that come out of Hollywood i.e. Mission Impossible 3, Scary Movie 100 etc. Lets face it. Sequels are never as good as the originals and most of the time they get worse and worse e.g. the Matrix. But thats not the reason for this post. I would actually want to revisit an issue i dicussed earlier on in my blog.

Is it wrong to drink?

I actually tried a period of abstinence which was quite interesting. I discovered that i didnt die which shows am not as much as an alcoholic as i feared but it also shows me that that in itself doesnt make for a better relationship with God. It was good for the outward saintly appearance but not much for inside. In my opinion it was largely symbolical and to be honest i dont think its that mission critical.

Its about moderation and self control just like any part of life. Its very difficult to be holy. To be honest sometimes its feels like its just not in my nature and i shouldnt bother, But a little voice keeps on telling me to keep going.

I never thought that being a xtian was such an excruciating experience. Sometimes i feel like giving up. Its hard and it can get you down when you know you are weak. and pathetic......

Anyway, i think i need to take stock and take things easy for a while. I hate to say this but it looks like there is going to be a part 3. (Hate sounding like a hypocryte). What can I say the story continues.....

Laters

No comments: