Sunday, November 09, 2008

Caging One's Demons

Ok. I know this isn't a topic that people like talking about but its one i think about a lot as its an area i have personal experience in. Now don't get me wrong. Am not talking about being possessed by demons, but instead areas of persistent weakness. There are some parts of our lives where we never fall, that we are not tempted by. But there are other areas of our lives were, to be honest, it doesn't take much. Battling these "demons" possess benefits and potential dangers. I personally believe these battles can serve as either keys to our destiny or the reasons for our downfall.

Facing and accepting one's demons is tough. But if you think the battle just starts there, forget it. Caging the demon is a very very long maybe even life-time struggle. But caging it we must because behind this lies our destiny. My journey is still on going but thought i should share the main lesson i've learnt so far. Learn to forgive yourself. This battle is long-term and just because you fall, doesnt mean you are failing. By constantly picking yourself up, you are building resolve which is necessary for the journey ahead.

We all have our crosses to bear. But ive also learnt that it is important to have someone who you can share the burden of carrying that cross with. A sort of accountability partner who will see you through. Give you encouragement in your time of despair. Strengthen you in your time of weakness and help you through the process.

The undercurrent of this blog has been this journey to the person God wants me to be. Its been a bumpy ride but i leave you with the words of Mary Mary which i believe is very apt.

I just can't give up now
I've come too far from where I started from
Nobody told me the road would be easy
and I don't believe he brought me this far to leave me

4 comments:

Bambo said...

Good piece , but one question Garage boy... Please which demons specifically are we talking about.

Are these the demons we can easily discuss in open air; or those that make us cringe while we cry under our pillow in secrecy.

Thirty + said...

I think Garage boy is talking about the ones that causes us to cringe while we cry under our pillow.

The thought of coming very far from where I started from keeps me pressing on.

GarageBoy said...

Yeah. Am talking about about the latter. Those that keep us up at night. That stops us from feeling totally complete. Its deep but God is in control

aloted said...

hey u long time...pls come and update...

compliments of the season